Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fruit Market Day

"Hey Mr. DJ~~
Put a record on
I wanna dance with my baby~~

When the music starts
I never wanna stop
It's gonna drive me crazy~~~"


Check out my Elmo..getting too small for me huh??


Guess what? Since March 4th this year, Brisbane City has its very own farmer's market. Every Wednesday now my family and i would take a nice stroll into town, which is just 5 minutes away from home, to the end of the Queen Street Mall near the bridge.

Seasonal fruit, vegetables, seafood, breads, flowers, cheeses are all available. But we are mainly there for the seasonal fruits..
so we call it 'Fruit Market Day'..hehe




Daddy~o checking out the pineapples..Nope..not for me..
I'm too young for pineapples..
Anyways, See the one they got? Its got twin leaves!!

Ahhhh~~ in the picture below, daddy~o is checking out Custard Apples..
and YUP..thats for me! hehehe..okay okay for us.
Ahh~~Custard apple..where do i begin?! I love them..my subtitute favourite fruit since mangos are not yet available here. Anyways, im not complaining as custard apples has a sweet aroma, its delicious and very nutritious, perfect for eating every day!!
We bought 4.5 kilos worth..hahaha yes enough for a whole week! We buy them still hard to touch you see so we let it ripen over the next few days. But when we want to hasten the ripening process then we simply put the fruit into a plastic bag (preferbly paper bag) with a banana and leave it on the kitchen bench. The banana will accelerate the ripening of the custard apple. Voila!


Here's me watching 'Bo on the go' after having 'Kueh Teaw' for dinner. I love this cartoon..it makes me laugh. ErrRRr and mummydaddy dont like it when i sit too close to the tv...Drive them nuts..hehe..Well... i was in the middle of playing my music when the cartoon starts so i turned around to face the tv and she happen to snap this photo. I was put on the sofa after that..hehehe..